Nelson Hotels, a family-owned and operated company in Cheshire is excited to recruit for the most senior position of Executive Head Chef (circa £60k, negotiable), overseeing food operations at all four of our award winning sites, which comprise of:
- The Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa (4 star silver -1 Rosette): £2m spend on Palm Court restaurant in 2018. 75 bedrooms. Banqueting to 200. Private dining rooms. Spa and leisure.
- The Pheasant Inn (1 Rosette): Cheshire Pub of the Year
- The Bear’s Paw: (1 Rosette)
- The Fishpool Inn: Winner of MA National GastroPub of the Year.
As Executive Chef You Will:
- Be fully responsible for developing the reputation of the hotel group through the production of excellent quality food and high quality kitchen brigades
- Oversee the operational management of four kitchens and their teams lead by head chefs, and will identify an effective approach to succession planning
- Work alongside the directors of the company and be fully responsible for menu development, plus all food safety and hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP)
- Need to recruit, nurture and develop your brigade of chefs over the four sites and lead by example in your approach to your team, ensuring team members have an up-to-date knowledge of menu items, special promotions, functions and events
- Be responsible for budgeting, forecasting, resource planning and waste management, as well as controlling costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets.
To be Successful in this Role You Will/Have:
- Over four years management experience in a similar position and will have worked in one of the worlds top restaurants, have spent at least part of your career in a Michelin-starred environment or have a proven track record earning and maintaining two Rosettes whilst managing a large team of chefs
- Be uber-passionate about food, with a good understanding of current food trends, to create exciting food concepts and menus
- Be a great people-person, possessing the knowledge and skills to pass on to their team, motivating, inspiring/progressing, and retaining them
- Possess good knowledge of GP’s, menu planning and costing and be able to achieve targets
- The energy and drive to succeed and overcome any obstacles that may present themselves in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work under pressure, exercise judgement in evaluating situations and in making sound decisions
- Knowledge of computers and technical training techniques
- Strong organisational, planning and analytic skills
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English to communicate effectively and represent the company.
Make no mistake, this is not an office based job. We are not looking for a pen-pusher wanting an easy road to retirement working Monday to Friday 9 to 5. You’re required to oversee the food operations, including service hours and weekends, when the kitchens are at full throttle. Your team needs to see you there, overseeing, leading, and directing them.
This is an inimitable opportunity for the right candidate to join a growing and well renowned portfolio and become a key member of the team for hopefully many years going forward.
If you think you fit the bill, we want to hear from you!
Please email your CV by tapping here.
We’re also happy to accept your CV by post; please send it to the address below.
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Please note, due to the high volume of interest in this exciting opportunity, only successful candidates will be contacted.