Nelson Hotels: Our Commitment to COVID-Security
Following the release of the government roadmap out of national lockdown, we would like to update our guests on the timeline of Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa’s phased reopening.
Monday 12th April
From this date, casual outdoor drinking and dining will be available at the hotel. Guests will be welcome to join us to drink or dine onsite in an outdoor marquee with lighting from 11am-8pm daily. Food will be served from a reduced, casual menu from 12pm either to take away or dine onsite. No requirement for a substantial meal accompanying alcohol or curfew limitations will be in place.
At this time, we will be permitted to accommodate groups of up to 6 guests or two households per booking. Whilst outdoor dining only is on offer, guests will be required to book via phone or email and our online booking system will be temporarily suspended. Advanced booking is strongly recommended to avoid disappointment. Our reservations team are available from 9:30am-5:30pm (Monday-Friday) to assist with your booking.
The Health Club at Spa by Kasia will also reopen, with social distancing and COVID security measures in place. The pool and gym will be available to Health Club members, though the sauna and steam room will remain closed until Monday 17th May. All memberships will automatically restart at this time, with any time in-hand credited to member accounts.
Spa by Kasia will reopen for sole treatments only with reduced opening hours (closed on Tuesday and Wednesday). Spa day packages and spa breaks will not resume at this time and the Spa eatery will remain closed. Our full treatment menu can be viewed here, and treatments can be booked by calling our Spa team on 01244 572199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.*
Please note: Our Spa reservations team is available 9am-1pm on Mondays and Fridays while our facilities are not fully open. If you have a Spa query outside of these hours, please contact our main hotel team on 01244 570560 or email email@example.com.
During this period, the hotel will continue its limited accommodation offering to support essential work or travel. Leisure stays will not be permitted.
Weddings, receptions, funerals and wakes of up to 15 guests will be permitted to go ahead.
Monday 17th May
In line with stage 3 of easing restrictions, Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa will be permitted to reopen its full facilities, including accommodation for leisure stays.
Palm Court restaurant and Nelson’s Bar will reopen for indoor drinking and dining with table service. Groups will continue to be limited to up to 6 guests or two households, unless amendments to restrictions allow otherwise.
Remaining Spa by Kasia facilities, including the steam room and sauna, will be reopened and spa day packages and spa breaks will resume.
Weddings, receptions, funerals and wakes of up to 30 guests will be permitted to go ahead.
Monday 21st June
By this date, it is anticipated that all current restrictions on social contact will be lifted, provided that all government tests continue to be met. Limitations on household mixing, use of communal areas and leisure facilities will be removed. Larger scale events such as weddings, funerals and celebrations are expected to be allowed to go ahead without limitations on guests, subject to confirmation.
Please note that all dates and guidance set out above are subject to government restrictions.
As per government announcements, our hotel is only permitted to open on a limited basis to provide essential accommodation services, until the beginning of our phased reopening on Monday 12th April.
Please see below FAQ to assist with your queries whilst our facilities are closed. If your query is not answered by the below, do not hesitate to contact us via email or give us a call on 01244 570560, however please bear in mind that we are currently operating with a very limited team during this time and so response times will likely be delayed.
Will your property remain open for essential travel or takeaway services?
Our hotel is currently only open to provide accommodation for those undertaking essential travel. Our restaurant, bar, spa and leisure facilities will be unavailable in all capacities until our phased reopening (as detailed above) begins on Monday 12th April. We will be able to provide room service breakfast and dinner for guests staying in essential accommodation, with a continental breakfast and limited evening menu available.
If you or someone you know requires accommodation for essential purposes, do not hesitate to contact us on 01244 570560 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not be providing a regular takeaway service prior to our phased reopening, though we are offering a takeaway Mother’s Day afternoon tea for one weekend only. Pre-order our specialty offering by Thursday 11th March and collect from any Nelson Hotels property on either Saturday 13th or Sunday 14th March.
Are your restaurants open?
Both Palm Court and Nelson’s Bar are currently required to close in line with lockdown restrictions. Outdoor dining will begin at Grosvenor Pulford Hotel from 12th April, with a reduced, casual menu available as detailed in the reopening schedule above. Palm Court and Nelson’s Bar will reopen for indoor dining on Monday 17th May.
Is Spa by Kasia and the Health Club open?
Spa by Kasia and the Health Club are currently closed until our phased reopening begins on Monday 12th April. Beginning on this date, the Health Club pool and gym will reopen (steam room and sauna will reopen from Monday 17th May), and memberships will be automatically reinstated. Sole treatments will be available at Spa by Kasia on this date, though spa day packages and spa breaks will remain unavailable until the second stage of reopening on Monday 17th May.
My gift voucher expired during the period of closure. Can it be extended?
Please be assured that all gift vouchers impacted by our forced closure will be extended to expire on 31st August 2021. You do not need to contact us, as this extension is being applied automatically to all gift vouchers. Should it be necessary to apply further extensions, we will review this information.
I have contacted your reservations team with a query, when will I hear back?
We have a reduced reservations team working on limited hours to assist you and direct your query whilst our property is closed. We thank you in advance for your patience in awaiting our response.
If you have emailed any other departments; spa, wedding, events etc, then those emails are also being routinely monitored and we will endeavour to respond to all emails as soon as possible.
When will you reopen?
Phased reopening of our facilities will begin from Monday 12th April, as detailed above and subject to government assessment.
When we reopen
Nelson Hotels continues to monitor government guidelines closely in order to reopen safely. Our team is working diligently to ensure that our inn meets with our own stringent standards of health, safety and hygiene as well as government and health organisation advice. See below full details of the additional measures in place to create a COVID-Secure environment.
- All staff have received COVID-19 specific training and have signed a daily health declaration. They will undertake a daily temperature check prior to commencing work.
- We have instigated an enhanced frequency of cleaning and sanitisation regimes throughout the property, with particular focus on hand contact points. There are hand sanitising points throughout the premises and we request that you sanitise your hands upon entry.
- Due to changes in government guidelines, we now require all guests to wear masks in the hotel common areas, including when moving through our reception and restaurants. Masks may be removed when seated at a restaurant table only.
- On a continuous basis, we carry out a thorough sanitation of the elements, devices, surfaces and furniture that may be in contact with our guests. Our Housekeeping team have introduced an incredibly effective extra measure of sanitation to address the cleaning concerns of today. Using a powerful misting system, our team now carry out a weekly clean of all common areas and surfaces with XtraProtect, a British lab-tested sanitiser which forms a powerful protective layer on surfaces lasting up to 8 days, killing 99.9% of bacteria and viral transmissions, including COVID-19, in thirty seconds.
- We will respectfully ask you to maintain a policy of social distancing wherever possible when on the premises, and our team are also encouraged to maintain a safe distance where possible. Please take note of instructions in all areas, where clear signage indicating restrictions will be in place.
- Our toilets will be regularly cleaned and limitations on guests using the facilities at any given time will be in place to help maintain social distance.
- We recommend the use of stairs where possible throughout the hotel. If a lift is used, the maximum occupancy is one person, unless adequate distance is possible or you are with a member of your family.
- Our hotel is now cashless and we would kindly ask you to use contactless payments wherever possible, and we provide the option to add a gratuity to your payment on card.
- During this uncertain period, we have relaxed our booking terms and conditions to give our guests peace of mind in their stay with us. Pre-paid room booking deposits and balances can be moved to an alternative date free of charge to provide maximum flexibility (a minimum of seven days’ notice is required).
- If you are displaying any symptoms related to COVID-19, please refrain from visiting and self-isolate as recommended by government advice.
Hotel reception and check-in
- Upon check-in, guests will be afforded a safe distance from the reception desk with the installation of a Perspex screen, which has been fitted to protect both staff and guests.
- At present, all guests are subject to a temperature check upon check-in to ensure any risk is identified immediately. Guests reading over 38.8 degrees, indicating a fever, will not be permitted to stay at the hotel and provided with the guidance to make alternative arrangements. If a guest shows symptoms of COVID-19, they will be asked to move to a safe and isolated area away from others.
- We disinfect all room key cards to deliver them safely and offer the disinfection of any luggage to all customers who require it.
- We have also made PPE (personal protective equipment) available to our guests, including disinfectant gel, masks and disposable gloves (subject to a possible additional surcharge, subject to review).
Hotel common areas
Social distancing will continue to be promoted throughout, as per the recommendation of the government. We have also added an information table in our reception area, with hygiene and health measures clearly detailed, as well as detailed signage to make restrictions and health and safety requirements clear to our guests. Furthermore, digitised information on hotel services and opening hours will be available to guests.
Our team has always prioritised the highest standards of hygiene, safety and sanitation in maintaining our accommodation. We have added some extra measures to our stringent standards to keep you safe:
- All bed linen and towels are washed based on the guidelines provided by the government and all cross contamination is avoided. During the cleaning of your room, we remove the dirty linen without coming into contact with the clean linen.
- We have removed some decorative elements where deemed necessary, including cushions and throws as a sanitation measure, as well as any non-essential printed literature and magazines. All information is available from reception if required and we will provide a QR code so you can view our guest compendium electronically.
- Single-use toiletries will be provided in bedrooms.
- All surfaces, furniture and elements are disinfected between room uses with the highly disinfectant XtraProtect formula and subsequently, the ventilation time of each room has been increased during the cleaning process. Disposable single-use items and microfiber rags are used in each room for daily cleaning of the room. The cleaning protocol is reinforced with special attention to elements with a high level of contact: telephone, handles, taps, etc.
- We offer guests the possibility to refuse the cleaning service during their stay if requested (with a maximum of 4 nights).
Restaurant and Bar
When we are permitted to reopen our restaurants, we plan to make some adjustments to our service to ensure a safe environment for everyone in both Palm Court and Nelson’s Bar:
- Our residential guests will be able to take breakfast in Palm Court restaurant, where a selection of continental and cooked breakfast items will be available with full table service.
- Upon making a reservation, guests will be asked for contact details from a member of each party in accordance with government guidelines to collect information to track and trace if necessary.
- We have carefully considered the spacing differences between tables and chairs and request that they are not moved.
- Please note that booking is strongly encouraged and, during busy periods, those without bookings may be asked to wait for a table outside of the restaurant or bar area. We will endeavour to accommodate as many guests as possible while observing our new measures to keep you safe.
- Upon arrival for your reservation, you will be greeted by a host and taken to your table. Please do not enter the premises until the time of your booking as early arrival may compromise our ability to maintain safe distance between waiting guests whilst we ensure each table is thoroughly disinfected between sittings.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to welcome you at the bar for drinks and we politely ask that you do not gather at the bar area.
- Menus can be provided and cleaned between uses. We will also offer our guests the option to view menus electronically via a QR code which can be scanned on the user’s smart phone. We are operating a table service only policy and when taking orders will do our utmost to keep a safe social distance.
- Tables are no longer pre-set with cutlery and condiments and single use items including disposable menus and condiment servings are used to limit repeated surface contact.
- Dishes, cutlery, table linen and glassware will be thoroughly and continuously disinfected, and we will continue to regularly sanitise all surfaces and furniture that may be in contact with our guests.
Spa and Leisure
In order to use Spa by Kasia’s leisure facilities, hotel guests must book a time slot with our reservations team. We recommend doing this at the time of booking, as slots available upon check-in may be limited.
The spa and leisure teams are working diligently to implement measures and improvements to ensure that our facilities remain a safe environment. We can assure our guests that the same stringent measures of health, safety and sanitation will apply within these facilities as around the rest of the hotel premises. You can read Spa by Kasia’s full COVID-security commitment here.
Committed to our team
Hand hygiene is considered one of the most effective measures to avoid the spread of germs and prevent the transmission of COVID-19. We encourage employees and recommend customers to wash their hands frequently with soap and water. Disinfectant gels are available in work areas for regular use.
All staff have received COVID-19 specific training and have signed a daily health declaration. They will undertake a daily temperature check prior to commencing work.
Our recommendations to guests
Remember to wash your hands frequently with soap and water. There are disinfectant gels in the common areas and all guest bedrooms of our hotel for regular use.
Guests are required to wear a face mask in all hotel common areas, including when moving through our reception and restaurants. This is a legal requirement and masks are available to purchase from reception, should you require one.
Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze with your elbow or tissues, which are to be immediately disposed of.
Respect the physical distance measures implemented in the hotel through exceptional signage, protective partitions and reorganization of furniture.
We have obtained third-party accreditation from both Visit England and The AA to confirm that we are COVID-19 compliant.
We hope and trust that you will find these measures reassuring and our policy will be constantly monitored in accordance with government recommendations and health advice. A copy of our company risk assessment can be downloaded here. We will be happy to address any concerns that you may have and look forward to seeing you soon.