Nelson Hotels: Our Commitment to COVID-Security
Nelson Hotels is committed to ensuring that Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa is a safe place to work within and visit. The health, safety and wellbeing of our guests and team is, as always, our ultimate priority.
In accordance with government recommendations and health organisation advice, we have made necessary changes to our operations so that we will be able to welcome you back as safely as possible. Here’s what we are doing in our accommodation and restaurants to provide our guests and team with the confidence to visit our hotel safely:
What we're doing now
- All staff have received COVID-19 specific training and have signed a daily health declaration. They will undertake a daily temperature check prior to commencing work.
- We have instigated an enhanced frequency of cleaning and sanitisation regimes throughout the property, with particular focus on hand contact points. There are hand sanitising points throughout the premises and we request that you sanitise your hands upon entry.
- Due to changes in government guidelines, we now require all guests to wear masks in the hotel common areas. Masks may be removed within our restaurants.
- On a continuous basis, we carry out a thorough sanitation of the elements, devices, surfaces and furniture that may be in contact with our guests. Our Housekeeping team have introduced an incredibly effective extra measure of sanitation to address the cleaning concerns of today. Using a powerful misting system, our team now carry out a weekly clean of all common areas and surfaces with XtraProtect, a British lab-tested sanitiser which forms a powerful protective layer on surfaces lasting up to 8 days, killing 99.9% of bacteria and viral transmissions, including COVID-19, in thirty seconds.
- We will respectfully ask you to maintain a policy of social distancing wherever possible when on the premises, and our team are also encouraged to maintain a safe distance where possible. Please take note of instructions in all areas, where clear signage indicating restrictions will be in place.
- Our toilets will be regularly cleaned and limitations on guests using the facilities at any given time will be in place to help maintain social distance.
- We recommend the use of stairs where possible throughout the hotel. If a lift is used, the maximum occupancy is one person, unless adequate distance is possible or you are with a member of your family.
- Our hotel is now cashless and we would kindly ask you to use contactless payments wherever possible, and we provide the option to add a gratuity to your payment on card.
- During this uncertain period, we have relaxed our booking terms and conditions to give our guests peace of mind in their stay with us. Pre-paid room booking deposits and balances can be moved to an alternative date free of charge to provide maximum flexibility (a minimum of seven days’ notice is required).
- If you are displaying any symptoms related to COVID-19, please refrain from visiting and self-isolate as recommended by government advice.
Hotel reception and check-in
- Upon check-in, guests will be afforded a safe distance from the reception desk with the installation of a Perspex screen, which has been fitted to protect both staff and guests.
- At present, all guests are subject to a temperature check upon check-in to ensure any risk is identified immediately. Guests reading over 38.8 degrees, indicating a fever, will not be permitted to stay at the hotel and provided with the guidance to make alternative arrangements. If a guest shows symptoms of COVID-19, they will be asked to move to a safe and isolated area away from others.
- We disinfect all room key cards to deliver them safely and offer the disinfection of any luggage to all customers who require it.
- We have also made PPE (personal protective equipment) available to our guests, including disinfectant gel, masks and disposable gloves (subject to a possible additional surcharge, subject to review).
Hotel common areas
Social distancing will continue to be promoted throughout, as per the recommendation of the government. We have also added an information table in our reception area, with hygiene and health measures clearly detailed, as well as detailed signage to make restrictions and health and safety requirements clear to our guests. Furthermore, digitised information on hotel services and opening hours will be available to guests.
Our team has always prioritised the highest standards of hygiene, safety and sanitation in maintaining our accommodation. We have added some extra measures to our stringent standards to keep you safe:
- All bed linen and towels are washed based on the guidelines provided by the government and all cross contamination is avoided. During the cleaning of your room, we remove the dirty linen without coming into contact with the clean linen.
- We have removed some decorative elements where deemed necessary, including cushions and throws as a sanitation measure, as well as any non-essential printed literature and magazines. All information is available from reception if required and we will provide a QR code so you can view our guest compendium electronically.
- Single-use toiletries will be provided in bedrooms.
- All surfaces, furniture and elements are disinfected between room uses with the highly disinfectant XtraProtect formula and subsequently, the ventilation time of each room has been increased during the cleaning process. Disposable single-use items and microfiber rags are used in each room for daily cleaning of the room. The cleaning protocol is reinforced with special attention to elements with a high level of contact: telephone, handles, taps, etc.
- We offer guests the possibility to refuse the cleaning service during their stay if requested (with a maximum of 4 nights).
Restaurant and Bar
We are delighted to be reopening our restaurants from 4th July in accordance with the advice of the government and leading health organisations, and we have made some adjustments to our service to ensure a safe environment for everyone in both Palm Court and Nelson’s Bar:
- Our residential guests will be able to take breakfast in Palm Court restaurant, where a selection of continental and cooked breakfast items will be available with full table service.
- Upon making a reservation, guests will be asked for contact details from a member of each party in accordance with government guidelines to collect information to track and trace if necessary.
- We have carefully considered the spacing differences between tables and chairs and request that they are not moved.
- Currently we can take indoor bookings in groups of two households, including support bubbles. Outdoor bookings can be in gatherings of 6 people or less from different households or above 7 from no more than 2 households and support bubbles. Please note that if you have reserved an outside table, in the event of inclement weather, we cannot guarantee a table indoors and will be unable to accommodate groups of more than 2 households.
- Please note that booking is strongly encouraged and, during busy periods, those without bookings may be asked to wait for a table outside of the restaurant or bar area. We will endeavour to accommodate as many guests as possible while observing our new measures to keep you safe.
- Upon arrival for your reservation, you will be greeted by a host and taken to your table. Please do not enter the premises until the time of your booking as early arrival may compromise our ability to maintain safe distance between waiting guests whilst we ensure each table is thoroughly disinfected between sittings.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to welcome you at the bar for drinks and we politely ask that you do not gather at the bar area.
- Disposable menus will be used once and recycled. We will also offer our guests the option to view menus electronically via a QR code which can be scanned on the user’s smart phone. We are operating a table service only policy and when taking orders will do our utmost to keep a safe social distance.
- Tables are no longer pre-set with cutlery and condiments and single use items including disposable menus and condiment servings are used to limit repeated surface contact.
- Dishes, cutlery, table linen and glassware will be thoroughly and continuously disinfected, and we will continue to regularly sanitise all surfaces and furniture that may be in contact with our guests.
Spa and Leisure
Following the easing of government restrictions in place due to COVID-19, Spa by Kasia is permitted to reopen for treatments only from Friday 17th July. The hotel leisure facilities, including swimming pool, Jacuzzi and gym will be permitted to open from Saturday 25th July. Spa day escapes, including use of our facilities, will also become available at this time. Unfortunately, our sauna and steam room is currently unavailable until further notice.
Initially, the Spa will reopen subject to modified operations, including a limited selection of treatments, which you can browse here.
The spa and leisure teams have worked diligently to implement measures and improvements to ensure that our facilities remain a safe environment. We can assure our guests that the same stringent measures of health, safety and sanitation will apply within these facilities as around the rest of the hotel premises. You can read Spa by Kasia’s full COVID-security commitment here.
Committed to our team
Hand hygiene is considered one of the most effective measures to avoid the spread of germs and prevent the transmission of COVID-19. We encourage employees and recommend customers to wash their hands frequently with soap and water. Disinfectant gels are available in work areas for regular use.
All staff have received COVID-19 specific training and have signed a daily health declaration. They will undertake a daily temperature check prior to commencing work.
Our recommendations to guests
Remember to wash your hands frequently with soap and water. There are disinfectant gels in the common areas and all guest bedrooms of our hotel for regular use.
Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze with your elbow or tissues, which are to be immediately disposed of.
Respect the physical distance measures implemented in the hotel through exceptional signage, protective partitions and reorganization of furniture.
We will be seeking third party accreditation from The AA to confirm that we are COVID-19 compliant.
We hope and trust that you will find these measures reassuring and our policy will be constantly monitored in accordance with government recommendations and health advice. A copy of our company risk assessment can be downloaded here. We will be happy to address any concerns that you may have and look forward to seeing you soon.