4 halibut portions 6-7oz skinless
Pea shoots for garnish
250g puy lentils soaked over night
1 onion finely diced
2 garlic cloves crushed
Thumb size piece of fresh ginger chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon of salt
700ml of chicken stock
2 tomatoes diced
1 ready to eat mango peeled
2g coriander chopped finely
1 tablespoon olive oil
50g greek yoghurt
10g mint yoghurt
For the lentil dhal –
- Fry the onions in a medium sized pan with a little vegetable oil until brown in colour
- Add the all of the spices and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Add the chicken stock bringing to the boil, then add the lentils.
- Slowly cook until it is of a thick consistency and the lentils are soft.
- Adjust the seasoning to your liking and add the diced tomatoes and coriander.
For the mango salsa –
- Dice the mango to ½ cm cubes.
- Finely dice the shallot and mix in the olive oil, lime zest and coriander.
- Season to taste and serve at room temperate
For the mint yoghurt –
- Mix the Greek yoghurt with the mint sauce and honey.
For the halibut –
- Pan fry in a non-stick pan for 2-3 minutes on both sides, rest and serve with the accompaniments.